Project Manager (Online)
Number of Hours:
Context and purpose:
This role is an exciting opportunity to be at the centre of a team within Three responsible for developing & delivering innovative ideas to tight deadlines in a fast moving, multi vendor environment.
You'll drive the definition, planning and delivery of the online roadmap in order to support the wider strategy of the business.
This would be a great opportunity for an experienced online project manager to use their skills within a dynamic, fast changing and challenging operational environment at the heart of meeting targets.
Reporting to the Sales Programme Manager, you'll join the Programme Office team and will lead a cross functional team to deliver key Online initiatives on the new D-Commerce platform.
Working with Sales, Technical, Design, Finance & Third Parties you will have a £1m+ budget to deliver projects that will make a direct contribution to the monthly sales targets.
You will be expected to put yourself at the heart of the project and be comfortable in communicating to stakeholders at all level, driving solutions to issues and tracking progress.
- Define the scope and initiate Online projects in line with the Three Business Delivery Process (BDP)
- Work alongside Online business owners to develop and seek approval for the project budget and business case
- Manage the full project life cycle from initiation through to closure including but not exclusive to Requirements, Design, Development, Customer Comms and overall Operational / Business Readiness.
- Monitor and control allocated outsourced and internal labour along with material resources, associated OPEX costs and all capital costs against the project budget in order to operate at all times within the approved project budget / business case.
- Lead cross-functional project teams; allocating and monitoring tasks to ensure effective delivery.
- Refresh and maintain realistic project, quality, and RAID logs in accordance with the delivery process.
- Prepare proactive communication to business owners & stakeholders.
- Monitor and control cross-functional project team performance against project plans in order to deliver project scope for the agreed cost within the timescales
- Evaluate and make recommendations/decisions on business change or technical options as appropriate.
- Identify and manage any dependencies and synergies with other projects.
- Work with Business and Technology teams to ensure business strategy and project requirements are understood, and target operating model is fit for purpose.
- Escalate Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies (RAID) in a timely manner and manage stakeholder and programme management expectations for projects by providing options and recommendations for mitigation
- Manage post implementation reviews by ensuring that projects are formally closed, reviewed, and lessons learned are captured. Produce appropriate documentation to support these processes.
Knowledge and experience:
Must have experience:
- Project management experience within a mobile, internet or consumer technology organisation.
- You must have experience of delivering online projects (Web, mobile and apps).
- Experience of managing technical deliveries via Third Parties
- Demonstrable evidence of managing the full project lifecycle in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Highly experienced in Project budgetary management.
- Proficient ability to communicate with senior business and technical stakeholders at all levels of the organisation to design and implement a target operating model and identify the support required to make it successful.
- Proficient in Project Management - Principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through to implementation.
- Great commercial awareness with the ability to make recommendations on delivery to time/cost/quality based on knowledge of desired outcomes/KPIs.
- Able to matrix manage a number of project teams, delivering to business objectives and partners requirements
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, to ensure expectations are set correctly, and objectives are clear. Strong focus on Relationship Management.
- A recognised project management qualification